Latest Electric Vehicles launching presently all around the GlobeLuxury car manufactures such as Audi, Volvo, and Jaguar Land Rover as jumping into producing Electric Vehicles which is predicted to take over the general engine cars by the end of 2050.
We are now in need to change the energy source of our motors because of the depletion of our current resources and to save our environment. In this article, we will look into the latest EV that will be launching around the globe in these recent years.
Electric Vehicles Launching Presently:
1. Maruti Suzuki Wagon R EV:
Maruti Suzuki, which is a large market in India is all set to launch their EV under their famous variant of Wagon R. It will have some new features in its exterior look such as new projector headlamps, new radiator grille with chrome surrounds and clear lens tail lamps and in Interior, it will feature dual-tone interior scheme, accentuated instrument panel, accentuated door trims and premium fabric upholstery for the seats.
With these general overviews of the car, we will now look at the salient features which we mostly look after in every car.
- First and foremost, Mileage. A normal of 60km to 80km is expected per full charge of the battery.
- Price- The starting price of this EV is expected to be less than 10lakh INR as Maruti wants this to be Budget friendly to the Indian citizens.
- The charging time for this model will be around 7 to 8 hours top, for a full recharge.
- Battery- It is powered by a 50kW motor and a 24kWh Lithium-ion battery. It is named as “Eeco Charge” and has a special ‘Sport Mode’ for needed acceleration.
2. Altroz EV by TATA Motors:
TATA Motors has planned to launch its first EV variant car in the 2020Auto Expo. It was revealed first with its combustion engine version in 2019. The interior of this car is the same as in engine version with minor tweaks and changes.
- Mileage: The mileage of this car is expected to be around 250Km to 300Km per full charge.
- Battery: The battery will be having a capacity of 30kWh of power. The Altroz EV will use Tata’s Ziptron powertrain comprising a permanent magnet AC motor.
- Price: The price will be around 15Lakh for this variant, not more than that.
- This will be the only car to be having Premium Electric Hatchback when it is launched.
“Electric has gone Audi” is the tag line by Audi for their EV’s. They will be launching an electric-based SUV with Audi’s touch. This EV has a lot of additional features compared to others.
- Mileage: The mileage of this car is around 350km to 400km in a single full charge.
- Battery: The energy capacity will be around 95kWh, using a charger of 150kW DC Charger. It can up to 86km with 10 minutes of charge. For a full charge, it will require a time of 9 hours.
- Capacity: The total luggage capacity is around 660 liters along with 60 more liters under the hood up front for first aid and extras car items.
- It comes with Amazon Alexa as an AI feature for navigation and other purposes.
- Price The price is around 54 to 56 lakh INR. It is expected to be launched in July 2020.
4. The Volvo XC40 Recharge:
Volvo is expanding in EV also. This company introduced its first electric SUV variant XC40 under the sub-brand ‘Recharge”. Normally it looks like their general SUV, where the petrol cap is now changed as a charging port.
- Mileage: The mileage of this EV is around 400km per full charge. 40min of charging is equivalent to 80% of the total charge which is quite impressive.
- Battery: It has two motors to produce a power of 408HP and a 78kWh battery. It goes 0-100 In 4.9seconds.
- It has google assistant and google store for navigation and entertainment purpose.
- Price: This car costs around 40lakh INR.
- It is expected to be launched next year.
5.The TATA Nexon EV:
TATA has a variety of EV cars and this is one is the most expected one. This 5-seater is not a regular SUV but a solid looking one. Without much saying let’s get into its salient features.
- Mileage: This one comparatively gives more mileage than altroz variant. With a full charge, it can run up to 312km range.
- Battery: This car has a capacity of 30.2kWh of lithium battery with 8 Years of warranty which is quite good. It has a power of 129 PS and 245 Nm of peak torque.
- It has its own smart features like Smart Regenerative Breaking, Hill ascent assist and Hill decent assist.
- Easy Charing in two modes. Fast charging CCS2 0 to 80% in 60min and a regular charging 10% to 90% in 8.5hr.
- Price: The starting price is around 14Lakh INR.
6. The Jaguar I-Phase:
Jaguar is known for its luxury cars and now they have stepped into making luxury Electric cars. It is an SUV model.
- Mileage: The Mileage of this car is extraordinary for an EV. The mileage is around 470Km per full charge.
- Battery: The battery capacity is 90kWh. The power ranges to 400PS and 696Nm of torque.
- It has a configurable dynamics feature, which allows users to customize the sensitivity of steering and damper stiffness.
- The I-Phase accelerates from 0-100km/h in 4.8 seconds (0-60mph in 4.5 seconds).
- Price: The price of I-Phase is 58lakh INR.
7.Morris Garages ZS EV:
Morris Garages famously known as MG Motors has also announced their own EV in this new generation of Cars and they are pretty easy and convenient car.
- Mileage: The mileage of this car is around 340km on a full charge of the battery.
- Battery: It has a liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery of 44.5kWh power.
- This has a special feature of I-smart 2.0 for connectivity.
- The charging time is around 6-8 hours and power of 140.8bhp and torque of 353Nm.
- The Price of this car is around 21lakh to 23lakh depending on the model.
8.The Mercedes Benz EQC:
Mercedes Benz is known for its business class sedans which have top-notch comfort and luxury looks. They are having quite a long list of EVs in their List and a new Electric car is on its way this year and it’s called the EQC. This based on their EQ concept which was revealed at the 2018 Auto Expo.
- Mileage: The mileage of this car can range up to 445km on a full charge.
- Battery: It has a lithium-ion battery of 80kWh and a charge time of 40 minutes to reach from 10 to 80 percent.
- The dashboard of this car has two dual-screen setups and the latest MBUX multimedia system for entertainment and for navigation purposes.
- It has two asynchronous motors which produce a power of 408bhp and a torque of 760Nm which helps to pull this up to great speed.
- The price of this EQC is around 1 crore as of now.